The IT Governance Executive Committee was introduced to the new Chief Innovation Officer at the Chancellor’s Office, Dr. Michael Berman. The areas of focus for the Innovation Office at the CO are:
- Student Systems – Currently there is a nationwide trend on how to make systems more agile through PeopleSoft. Mike hopes to launch a product in about 6 months to start trying a new interface.
- Cloud Computing – Costs are going down, there are financial changes, staffing changes and demand changes. We now have better systems and spend less money.
- Virtual and Augmented Reality – A summit will take place next week which will have CSUSB’s Mihaela Popescu presenting. It will showcase what campuses in the CSU are doing with this technology.
- Collaboration at a Distance – Zoom and other tools are used for collaboration at a distance.
College Scheduler Presentation – Amy Braceros
A brief demonstration of the step-by-step process was shown for the College Scheduler program.
The following policies were brought to the committee for validation and to review proposed changes.
- Acceptable Use Policy for Electronic Communications – The Committee validated the policy with some housekeeping changes.
- Printing Policy – The Committee validated the policy with some housekeeping changes.
- Mobile Device Policy – The policy was presented with proposed minor changes. The Executive Committee voted to move forward with taking the policy to the Administrative Council.
- Campus Email Structure and Communication Policy – The proposed changes were discussed and a few minor changes will be made before moving to Administrative Council in November
All four policies will be taken to the Administrative Council Meeting on November 1st.